This just in! It’s Sham El Nessim, and everyone and their mother (quite literally) are living their best ringa and feseekh life. Nope, we’re not here to discuss whether you’re a ringa guy or a feseekh kinda gal. We’re here to simply elevate your eating life by 175% by providing you with the only ringa, or smoked herring, recipe you will need this holiday: ringa bel tahina salad.
If you’ve never had such a thing, well, then you haven’t lived tbh. However, you can change that by just following this super easy recipe below.
- 1 herring (500 grams approx) or 2 cans herring fillet
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced, or 5 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper, preferably different colors
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1-2 green or chili pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 cup warm or hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 1-2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the full recipe, click here. Oh, and Alf Hana!